1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, so I finally got an ipod touch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by proudpittsburgher, Jan 26, 2011.

1. What Aps should I be looking to get? I read a little. . . like entertainment, gaming, social networking, stuff like that. Probably plunking down 30 bucks for the slingbox ap so I can watch it on there instead of my computer, but other than that, I feel like an ant thrown in the middle of the ocean.

Also, What free programs would you all suggest using to get songs off of my old ipod nano, onto my computer and onto the new ipod touch? I was looking into idump but it has mixed reviews. Also heard of pod to PC, but don't know much else.

Help, please.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I got mine a little more than two years ago and it's the greatest.

The screen quality is just amazing. I watch more movies on my iPod than I do anywhere else.

3. JR

JR Active Member

Paging HC.......

4. Mizzougrad96

I'm trying to think if I've ever been pleased with an app that I had to pay for. I don't think I have, unless I had to pay for the Sirius/XM app. That's incredible if you already have satellite radio. Most of the sports sites (Si.com, Fox Sports...) have pretty good apps. Time Mobile is pretty good. Someone told me the ABC app will let you watch any current show on the network. I haven't tried it yet.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Weird. I'll take my 46-inch flat screen silly over a 3-inch or whatever screen 100 times out of 100.

6. I think I already know the answer for this . . . but I assume you have to pay the few dollars extra per month to get the internet service for that, correct? I have XM, but chose not to pay the extra 4 or 5 dollars a month for internet privliges.

7. Mizzougrad96

I thought it was only two dollars more.

8. Mizzougrad96

Well, duh. I have a 60-inch screen that would be better as well, but the truth of the matter is, I watch movies on my iPod when I have free time, which is very rarely when I'm at home, especially with two little kids.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. It may have been, I just remember thinking, I'm not paying for something that I got for free yesterday. Either way, I called to cancel and they just about gave XM to me for free, 15 bucks for 5 months, then another 15 bucks for the next five months. Tears of joy (well, not really, but I was happy). I may pay for it now if it's that cheap.

10. Mizzougrad96

Anybody can get that price, but you have to call up, tell them you're going to cancel and then they'll give you that deal. I've been on that deal for more than two years now.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

If you like cooking at all, Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything on the Go" is terrific. Even has built in timers.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Download Angry Birds. It will change your life forever. I can't believe we don't have a thread about it here. Anyone with a touchscreen anything should get Angry Birds.

Draft saved Draft deleted