1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, should I even bother to watch 30 Rock?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

You didn't think it was funny when A.B. goes from marketing ovens to running a TV network? Or that he'd hand a portrait of said oven on his office wall.
    The show was a bit clunky. If James Burrows were directing, wouldn't have been a problem. But it was consistently funny.

2. T2

T2 Member

Anyone else notice the product placement for GE's "trivection" oven? When Baldwin's corporate character first touted it to his NBC underlings (apparently it's a combination of a convection oven, a microwave oven, and a mysterious "third heat"), I figured it was a clever parody product, like a diesel-powered Veg-O-Matic. But then later in the half-hour, here was an actual commercial for the oven! It really exists! And at the end, Morgan proclaimed that he was the third heat.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Twoback, I didn't think that was funny, although Baldwin generally cracks me up. The only thing that I laughed at was when Tracy Morgan asked for apple juice, and when the waiter said that they didn't have it, he asked for a vodka tonic.

Also, I realize that it is a comedy, but why was no one, you know, looking for Tina Fey the day of a live show?

Edited to add: I also laughed at the "It's not HBO, it's TV" line.

4. Well, it IS a burgeoning scene.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I also caught the replay on Bravo last night. I'm not really sold on it. I may watch it if it is on, but I'm certainly not setting up my DVR for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted