1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, should I even bother to watch 30 Rock?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Oct 6, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm in lantaur's camp. Eh ... got a few laughs. I'll try it again, but I'm not overly enthused.

2. Matisyahu?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No, the other Hasidic rapper.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I french kiss; my daddy says I'm the best at it.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I was pretty indifferent to the show, but I loved when Morgan ran on stage and yelled the thing about chicken nuggets.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OMG, I never put that together before.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'm a little surprised that Krakowski isn't a bigger star.

What a voice she has, in addition to everything else.

I love Chenoweth in the same way.

8. hardin moose

hardin moose Member

Just clicked the link ...

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/?show=30rock
    [/quote]

Well, that was painful.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The viewers don't care whether it's realistic or not. They just care whether it's funny. In fact, it's probably a good thing that 30 Rock doesn't have the same insider's feel that Studio 60 is striving for. Half the stuff Sorkin writes about share points and cold opens go right over the head of most viewers. 30 Rock isn't any more about real life at a TV sketch show than The Office is about real life at a paper company. It's just funny.

10. Just caught a rerun on Bravo. Liked it.

Laughed out loud at both "I'm a Jedi" and Tracy's Pat Benatar bit... oh, and AIDS in the chicken nuggets.

Funny for one week. Will it still be funny a month from now? Eh, who knows...

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

You think dialog on a Sorkin show bears any resemblance to reality? His characters have more devastating bon mots in a 30-second walking-in-the-hallway scene than most workplaces have in six months.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was an awful 30 minutes. I really wanted to like the show, but it wasn't the least bit funny or smart.

Draft saved Draft deleted