1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, should I even bother to watch 30 Rock?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Oct 6, 2006.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

"30 Rock" was a show I was looking forward to watching when I first heard about it. Then came the reviews. And the cast changes. And more reviews. The commercials haven't done much for me, although David Letterman said it was really funny when Alec Baldwin was on his show. :)

So ... anyone get a sneak preview of this thing? Is it worth wasting 1/2 hour of my life every week or is it complete dreck?

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Same question here. I have serious doubts that I'm even going to try it.

3. I'm going to try it out, because Fey is a good writer, and to see how it matches up with the slowly sinking ship that is Studio 60.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seriously, Lantaur, it's 30 minutes. What have you got to lose?
    It's not like a lifetime commitment. If it sucks, you turn it off.
    Not too difficult, is it?

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I hear ya, but I'm the same guy who won't watch a movie I think is going to be bad because I don't want to was 1 1/2 of my life. I could find something better to do ... as we used to say while standing around doing nothing while watching players practice - you don't get this time back.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Wow, the way you say that would make one believe that it actually resembles the truth ... as opposed to a minority opinion.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, she was the head writer for SNL for several years. Your contention is not very strongly supported thereby.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

There was a real good review of "30 Rock" in the Wall Street Journal today. I'll watch it just for Tina Fey and to see Alec Baldwin do another take on his "Glengarry Glen Ross" character.

9. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

The finest five minutes of his career.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Longevity does not equal talent.

[​IMG]

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

tina fey has talent,as "mean girls" shows. she's also a fine-looking woman. i'll be watching. 8) 8) 8)

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

not an opinion...

Draft saved Draft deleted