1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK liberals and other Democrat fans....you get Congress back. Now what?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

So let me finish.

As opposed to the current administration's "support," which consists of providing inadequate armor, inadequate drinking water, insufficient support on all levels in Iraq and the across-the-board cutting of veteran's benefits and services for not only Iraq vets, but those dating to WW II.

Someone else's take on the military's love of this administration being the same as a battered spouse is the most accurate thing I've ever read on this site.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Let's take a minute from Yawn's inanities to indulge in the greatest sandwich ever invented: the Reuben.

[​IMG]

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That assessment from someone who has truly proved his "worth" on this board.

It's an unfunny game you play, Yawn, and your name is appropriate because your act is so tired. You ask what the Democrats should do, we offer suggestions and you ridicule them with baseless and unconnected thorughts. Go back to the kiddie table.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yawn gives new meaning to

[​IMG]

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You have proven yourself to be the stupidest member of this board.

And that's saying something.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's not fair.
    I haven't had lunch yet, and you can't get a decent reuben in California.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Thank you. Thankyouverymuch.

History has shown that the GOP treats the military the same way as it treats the evangelicals . . . monster lip service to get the vote, nothing in practice.

But is that a surprise?

They certainly don't act like Christians. And almost none were soldiers.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

"I'm talking getting a bowl of chicken soup and making dirty reuben love"

Afternoon delight!

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just walked across the street to the tacqueria.
    Is there a place where they have real NY Jewish deli food and real California tacquerias?
    If there is, that's the city where I want to work next.

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

First and foremost, you don't get to screw up everything you touch and then whine about how the other side doesn't have an adequate plan to fix the steaming pile of shit you've left behind.

I love how the Republicans just skim right past the crimes committed by this administration. "They'll do some investigations and blah, blah, blah."

What a swell group you guys are. 3,000 American soldiers dead for nothing. Illegal wiretaps. A significant lobbyist scandal. The outing of a covert agent for political gain. But you wanna just let all that shit go because it would be the Democrats doing the investigating. Nice.

I hate to break it to you fellas, but the Republicans have been running this show for the last six years. And some very, very bad shit has gone down. If you won't admit that, you're an idiot. They've had plenty of time to clean some of this shit up, to lessen the punishment should they lose Congress in Nov. and to regain the trust of the American people through actual action. But they didn't do shit. One page-groping assclown resigned and the dirtiest politician in history went down, but other than that, NOTHING. And you're bitching because someone might investigate some of this crooked stuff? Explain to me how that works? That these people can do whatever illegal shit they see fit and you'll back 'em just because they've got the right decal by their name come election day?

And don't bitch to us about the lack of a plan. If you're saying the Republican leadership had one six years ago and the Dems didn't, by God, I'll take no plan for the rest of time.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's taken the GOP little more than six years to do what it took the Democratic Party 40 years to do. Shit its pants.

Nice knowing you, Bush Republicans. You're headed to the political graveyard right alongside the Know-Nothings.

12. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

They've been efficient at that, if nothing else. Heckuva job, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted