1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK liberals and other Democrat fans....you get Congress back. Now what?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Checked your "sources" on this one and they all fall under the old adage, history is written by the victors.
    I think I'll stick with the account from several sources who were actually there in 1960 and saw what really happened.
    For now, it seems we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

However, that does not change the fact that Al Gore started us down a road that we should never have travelled down to begin with. I wonder how many more election cycles will pass before we stop seeing the lawyers lining up at the poll booths with lawsuits in hand before the first vote is cast?

2. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

BTW, Joe Rossi.
    I do appreciate that (so far) we've been able to have this argument without degenerating into the childish name-calling that seems to be the norm here.
    Whether or not we ever see eye-to-eye, I really appreciate that.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

He was found guilty by a federal judge and disbarred? Source, please.

4. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Checked your "sources" on this one and they all fall under the old adage, history is written by the victors.

See how unbelievably idiotic and ultra-partisan that sounds?

6. Just when I think you've reached the height of arrogance, you hit a new plateau.

You really should try to auto-fellate yourself on accomplishing such a noteworthy feat. That's the only thing that could top it.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Depends on when red counties in western Ohio and other pivotal locations stop turning in 100 percent voter turnout rates that raise red flags to a public that simply wants to see its vote count, no more, no less.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

One of those sources was a Nixon biographer, so no, it doesn't fall under any adage.

Are you contending that Morton never called for recounts in 11 states? That the recounts in Illinois, Texas, New Jersey and Hawaii never happened? That the election boards, judges and special prosecutors -- all of them couldn't have been on Daley's payroll -- claimed no hard evidence existed to overturn the results?

Another piece of my research was an article by that well-known ultra-liberal -- John Fund of the Wall Street Journal -- stating that Earl Mazo, the Nixon-supporting New York journalist who wrote accusations of Chicago shenanigans, also concluded that there was "definitely fraud" in downstate Republican counties.

9. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

And I'm sure the Republican backers here would respond by saying they are merely trying to cancel out all of the dead people in Chicago that get resurrected every election to vote Democrat.

10. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

and Rossi is starting to sound like that wacko professor running around telling everyone that Bush planned 9/11 and had bombs in the WTC buildings before the planes hit.

I've been e-mailing that guy and everytime he gets hit upside the head with a fact, he says. No it isn't because I said so and I'll make up stuff and that makes it true because I said so.

Joe. Give it a break. Grab a latte and quit trying to defend the indefensible. When it comes down to it, there is no fundamental difference between an elected Democrat official and an elected GOP official.

They are all fucking thieves that only want to screw us out of what little crumbs we get left over after we are taxed and regulated to near extermination.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Well, if it wasn't obvious that you were an idiot before, it is now.

And bringing up PMs in a post, majorly against board protocol, and the sign of total and complete fucktard.

12. The Milton Friedman Daycare Center needs someone to lock the doors, I think.

Draft saved Draft deleted