1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK liberals and other Democrat fans....you get Congress back. Now what?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Let's hear what you really think will happen over the next two years. Hell, I'll add the White House in two years. Tell me exactly how you think things will be different.

My prediction: They're not stupid enough for an immediate pullout in Iraq no matter how much they whine about mistakes of the previous administration. Outside of that, we hear nothing but rhetoric - and of course, the "investigations" shift from attacking Republicans to attacking Democrats. And of course, nothing constructive gets done.

C'mon. Let's hear it.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Taxes go up; spending (especially defense) goes down; entitlements slightly increase; balanced budget.

Less saber-rattling foreign policy; more peace.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Taxes apparently go WAY UP to cover the entitlements. So you cut defense spending as a show of support to the troops, proving the accusation that most Democrats' support of "the troops" is mostly pity and lip service.

Beautiful start.

4. Oversight.
    Let's start with war profiteering -- the missing $9 billion in Iraq -- and see where that leads us.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yeah, that will work. That falls under "investigations" mentioned earlier. Which of course, will only bog down real action.

Carry on.

6. Yes, let's forget about people enriching themselves while American soldiers die. Good policy.
    MUCH smarter monkeys, please.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I'm only saying that political investigations merit nothing in that environment. I'm expecting them to try and impeach the president. Again, a impotent waste of taxpayer money, just as the sex scandal of the previous admin. We stand as much a chance of any impeachment as Iran does of building a Baptist church in Tehran.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Free gum drops for everybody.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A free channel featuring CSI:Miami reruns of the episodes before Speed died.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That would be possible. And in typical D.C. form, the "free" gum drops will eventually cost our grandchildren $1,500 each.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Please define "entitlements."

Social security, medicare, etc. are NOT entitlements. They are services which I have paid into for about 40 years and will continue to do so for another 9 or 10.
    "Entitlements" only in terms of I am entitled to get back what I PAID FOR!

12. JR

JR Active Member

Spinited, I think Bush and His Band of Merry Men can explain entitlements better than anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted