1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, it's my turn to be on a game show...and yours to help! (updated on Page 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

He hides her manliness well!

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Click on "hear it" under Dowd's pic, then click on the Who's Carl This Time that starts with "Cheney shrugs."

Their riffing was actually much longer. I wondered how they got two hours of taping into 48 minutes. Heavy-handed editing!

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Re: OK, it's my turn to be on a game show...and yours to help! (updated on Page

Solid work IJAG. You sound much sweeter than all of us know you to be around here :D

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Definitely a solid job. Rarely does a caller get all three questions correctly.

The Cheney question was a gimme. I immediately knew that the answer to the Obama question was his former minister, but I wouldn't have been able to come up with his name. I don't think I would have come up with the third answer.

5. imjustagirl

Dammit I wish all three had been celebrity coverage! I wouldn't have even needed to read the news...I just know that shit by osmosis. :D

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

How much advance notice did they give you that you'd be on the show?

7. imjustagirl

I filled out a form on the Web site, and they called me on a Tuesday afternoon. They got more info and said 'We'd like you to be on the show. We'll start you as a backup contestant, which is what everyone does.' So that Thursday night, I sat by a landline in case one of their pre-arranged contestants wasn't reachable. It was a no-go.

So then I was moved into being one of the pre-arranged contestants. Which happened this week. I found out for sure on Monday, and it was on from there.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Re: OK, it's my turn to be on a game show...and yours to help! (updated on Page

And the owners of the Avalanche Bar didn't mind you monopolizing the pay phone like that?

Solid.

9. Have it heard it yet - I'm out of town for easter - but good job, IJAG. I look forward to listening to it

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nice job, IJAG. I really liked PART of that third answer. :)

Glad you could keep that cell phone working long enough to stay connected. ;D

11. imjustagirl

Had to be done on a landline. And my cell phone works fine since I got a new one three months ago.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good to hear, IJAG. That last phone probably met with a terrible death ... I dunno ... running over it with your vehicle. Or maybe an unfortunate left turn.

Draft saved Draft deleted