1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, I'm willing to admit it.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

This country is going to hell. Thank Bush, conservatives, liberals, whatever, but what made this country special is being sold away.

So if it falls tomorrow, what country would you break your neck to move to?

Or will you stay behind and fight guerrilla style for what can be salvaged?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Tell me where you're going first. Then I can plan around it.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Stan is training the resistance as we type . . .

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. BYH

BYH Active Member

IM N UR WATER PISTOL PEEENG

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

[​IMG]

Bring a jacket. And lots of socks.

6. This thread is interesting on so many levels. First, because it seems our friend Yawn is coming to grips with the fact that no one side is to blame for all our troubles.

Second, who's to say the country hasn't fallen? Guerilla warfare is irrelevant as military takeover is the least of our problems. We're most vulnerable financially. We owe billions to China and Japan and our country is dependent on oil, a resource not readily available to us.

I don't see how going to another country is going to help. We're all in a global environment now. Every country is in a fight for oil, food and water There's no running.

7. Hammer Pants

[​IMG]

These guys have a one-way ticket to hell and back.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's fantastic.

9. Hammer Pants

On a slightly more serious note, my girlfriend said the most morbid thing today. We were driving around running some errands, and she said "You know, if we ever have children, do you think they will ever get to have children who live in a world that hasn't been destroyed by pollution, greed, testosterone and relegious fanatics?"

My reply was something about hurrying our happy asses on these trips to make it back for kickoff in Indy, but she made an interesting point. Will things get really bad soon? If they do, who will do it? Who will be the first victims? When will it hit America?

I'm usually a happy person ... but SHIT ... she might have a point.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

See Hammer, that's the part where you say, "Uh-huh" and you're then supposed to shove her head back in your crotch.

(Kidding, KIDDING!) :D

11. Hammer Pants

That's EXACTLY what I did, though. And then she made me dinner.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

My wife and I already have tentative plans to move to Toronto or Montreal if Mitt Romney is elected. He scares us.

Draft saved Draft deleted