1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, I have ants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Find the mound ... go to town. That's all you need to know.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

In an apartment, I think I'd call the super. In a house, spread Amdro around the perimeter. Here's the thing about ants: No matter what you do, they're going to come back. Whatever route you choose, be prepared to repeat it monthly during the warm part of the year.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Neither are on the approved list for pesticides anymore, but if you can find some Diazanon or Dursband.

Both will kill any living thing they touch. To have a chance of finding any, you'll probably have to find a rural feed store or something like that.

Mix it according to the directions ... and presto ... no more ants, mosquitoes, wasps, crickets, grasshoppers, etc.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cats, dogs, squirrels, kids, ex-girlfriends, nosy neighbors, bosses or bean counters

5. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

After years of struggles with ants, tried this and it blew away all the other options.
    Get boric acid and mix a few tablespoons with a bottle of honey. Drop the mixture into bottlecaps (preferably from the case of beer you just downed to have bottlecaps handy). Put the bottlecaps where you see the ants -- windows, behind furniture, spread them around the house or apartment and tuck them out of plain view (and away from kids and pets). Ants are gone, FOR GOOD. The beer is a bonus.

Draft saved Draft deleted