1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, I have ants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Sep 4, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I live with a messy roommate.

So tonight I walk into the house and I see an ant crawling around.

Apparently, I have red ants in the apartment.

a.) What can I do to get rid of them?
    b.) What can I do to make sure they come back?

Hell if I know where the nest is.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't know how you can get rid of them, other than spraying for ants and then leaving the apartment. Before I moved, I hadn't been at my apartment for almost a month. Walked in and found red ants everywhere. They bite, though, so I'd get rid of them fast. As I was sitting on the ground getting stuff packed up, I got bit three or four times. Feels like ashing a cigarette on yourself. Burns for about 5 minutes. They're painful.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Get some of that Terro ant killer, put it on little squares of tinfoil all around the house. The ants should swarm to it, take it back to the nest and kill the rest.

Usually works pretty well.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bug bomb that mofo like its Tora Bora.

5. joe

joe Active Member

spup, sounds like you're talking about fire ants. Those fuckers are as bad as a wasp.
    As far as getting rid of ants, get you some of that spray ant killer and go to town. Declare war. Go nuclear. Call Rambo. Build a moat.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Is this something that I have to spray then leave dodge for like 2-3 hours?
    Where exactly do I want to be spraying?

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'd go the exterminator route, but that costs money. I guess you're screwed then.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You're right Joe. I live in the south and fire ants around my apartment complex are very common.

I'm just glad I moved out of that apartment. I'll let the deadbeat landlord deal with the fire ants.

9. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Speaking of ants (and somewhat on topic), I got bit by these big-ass black ants at a soccer scrimmage.

Fire ants are red, and I was under impression they were the only SouthernState ants that bite. But these left nasty little blisters on my toe and heel that stayed for about a week. Anyone know what they were?

I did learn a good lesson though. There will be no more sandals at the soccer field. Or the football practice field (fire ants and gopher holes).

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

How do you get rid of crabs? ???

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You don't want my response to this question. It would be mean.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I've never seen them things, thankfully.

Draft saved Draft deleted