1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, I admit it

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

In all seriousness, I had a hell of a time at the Pez Museum last time I was out there.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that thread is a must read.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

My experience is, women love going down Lombard Street.
    And I love going to Alcatraz every time I'm there.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks for your help guys ... please, more about what to do in SF.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I saw the bush man and the sea loions when we were there last summer. Both very, very cool. And Lombard St. is one hell of a hike.

As I mentioned on the Alcatraz thread, all the tours were booked the two days we were there but we took a bay cruise and got lots of good views of the Rock. Cruise is highly recommended, great views of the Golden Gate and the city, which is just beautiful.

6. Women love going down on Lombard Street!?!?

Awesome! I'm so there.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i stopped and took pause as well.

obviously a must-"see."

8. Now just point in the direction where they like to take it up the ...

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fisherman's warf?

10. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

You really should sample the tuna.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sorry, did not read through the whole thread so these may already be suggested.

I'm a nearby resident, which is both good and not so good (never been a tourist there).

Golden Gate Bridge walk, a must. Stunning to be able to see both the Pacific then turn to see the SF Bay.

Go to North Beach (Grant and Green, around there) and walk around during the day. Not a real tourist spot (say like Pier 39 or Fisherman's Wharf), just a vibrant part of town during the weekend.

Go to Lands End (near Ocean Beach). This is a trail at the westernmost part of SF. You get to walk on a nature trail that lets you look out on the Pacific Ocean without any development around. Amazing in a city the size of SF.

Walk along the Embarcadero. You can walk from Pac Bell Park all the way to Pier 39. (Google Map 1 Market Street, which is the Northernmost foot of the City) Amazing to walk along the waterfront with interior vistas of the Bay.

Have fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted