1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, I admit it

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Feb 10, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Olympia?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You didn't enjoy the dead homeless people floating in the Seattle harbor, W_B?

Oh, and tomas, I forgot, you are right Seattle isn't the best city in the PNW, Boise is.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

w-b, you were 14. Everything is boring when you're 14. And I can't imagine when you might have visited Seattle, but the harbor there is the cleanest and least trashy of any I know of.

Also, haven't been to the place John recommends, but for Italian I never miss Fior d'Italia: http://www.fior.com/

Claims to be the oldest Italian restaurant in America, and is major old-school charm in a great neighborhood.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Tacoma?

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I was going to guess Fife.

6. Good point on the age thing, but seriously, there was trash everywhere.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

biggs, oregon

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

See, I thought for sure he was going to say Kent.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What about Burns and Juntura? Seriously, you can't leave those two out.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i do have an aunt that lives in kent. spent plenty of time when i was 14 trying to score (something) while roller skating there. they had really tall hair there back then.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i know where burns is, but juntura?

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It's in between Burns and Ontario on a highway I can't remember right now. Real tiny. Lots of enormous oak trees line the highway and I think about 17 people live there. My car once broke down between Burns and Bend in a blizzard. I got a ride to Bend, my car went to Burns to get fixed. It wasn't ready the day they said it would be so my boss had to drive to Juntura to pick me up. He wasn't happy.

Draft saved Draft deleted