1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, I admit it

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh, well that must be a part of the newer stadiums, because Camden doesn't have it and neither does Arlington.
    I still think you will dig Safeco. The views, Seahawk Stadium next door, the damn train blowing its whistle, the roof, etc. is all very, very cool.
    Of course, since we are going in June, it will probably rain the entire weekend and there won't be any views, but that is another matter. At least no one will be at the game because the Nats will be in town.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Back on track, TP:

While on your way up to Coit Tower, stop at the nearby <a href="http://www.sfweekly.com/bestof/award.php?award=172848">Molinari Deli</a> for lunch. Legendary Italian joint near North Beach.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

San Francisco might be my favorite city. When I visit, I seldom have a destination in mind. I just start walking and see where the day takes me, and I've never been disappointed.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

where do you start?

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I second Ghiridelli (sp) Square. The whole freakin' area smells like chocolate.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Definitely a good idea.

Start in a new place every day, TP.

Union Square is a good place to start. (I stumbled around a corner and found Lefty O'Doul's restaurant one night. Heaven, for me. :D)
    Ghirardelli Square area is another good place to walk around.
    The Embarcadero area is excellent.

You really can't go wrong.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No, I know, that's what I was saying. I haven't been to any of the "new" stadiums. Though I'd like to.
    Pac Bell is what I would really like to go to. My brother went and said it was very, very cool.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Tom, I usually stay somewhere downtown (at the Hyatt last time) and generally work my way toward Golden Gate Park, a wonderful place to spend time on a sunny day. I just roam, studying the architecture, the people and reveling in such an amazing city.

And if you want an exceptional Italian meal, try Antica Trattoria on Polk Street -- http://www.anticasf.com/ -- it's a small, neighborhood place that's comfortable, pretty casual and damn, damn good. I can't recommend it enough.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

First of all, go fuck yourself.

Second, do not miss a trip to see the sea lions at Pier 39. I could watch them for hours, and all told I probably have.

[​IMG]

Then, just for good measure, go fuck yourself again. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thank you, john.
    arnie, bite me and thanks.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I swear, i stuck around to watch the sea lions for an hour. They fucking rock.

12. Did that at the age of 14 and got bored after a while. Also, I don't know how it is now, but Seattle's harbor was the filthiest trashiest harbors I've ever seen - and I've been to Baltimore, Philly and Boston.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted