1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, I admit it

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Feb 10, 2008.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If Seatown can usurp San Fran on my list of favorite cities to visit ... I'll eat my hat.

But it's got its chance now ...

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bastard.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It probably won't, based on what I have heard about San Fran, but the baseball stadium is hands down the best in America. And I will not argue about this.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've never been to Pittsburgh's new digs. And I haven't been to a 'Jints game yet in S.F. I've heard raves about those two, as well.

Probably tops on my list, among current parks I've been to, is Petco in San Diego. Amazing, amazing place to watch a game. And I haven't been back to Camden Yards since '96, but that's probably my all-time favorite.

But I cannot WAIT to see the M's park. Can't fucking wait.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

seattle isn't even the best city in the PNW.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, maybe I shouldn't be so adamant when I haven't been to Pittsburgh, San Fran, Philly or Petco, but I've been to Arlington and Baltimore and plenty of others and they are nice, but Safeco is legit.
    Not only does it have the concourse where you can always see the field (which is what puts it over the top, in my opinion), but it is just really, really nice. Has great food. No bad seats - except dead center in the third deck - and great views.
    You will enjoy your time there.
    The only thing lacking is a really cool Hall of Fame type thing. Arlington has a really cool HOF you can go into that has a ton of stuff on baseball history.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Should he go watch a Salem Beavers game while hanging out in Portland?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah. i believe they sell pyramid hefe there.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

a) You've got to have a franchise worthy of having a HOF before you can have a HOF. :D

2) Almost *every* new park has a concourse where you can always see the field. And seats that always face the field. So, that's not that unique anymore ... although it is still spectacular, mind you. Fenway's gorgeous, but it's a hard, hard place to watch a game. Advantage, Safeco.

Definitely think it's legit, though. Not knocking it in any way. I'm very excited to see a game there.

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

On Pier 39, walking down the street, check out the Bush Man. The absolute highlight of the area.

My favorite city, too.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know what's kinda funny? i'm helping you fuckers jack my own thread ... jeez.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted