1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK... Help me choose what to buy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 10, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have had a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com since Christmas. I honestly don't need anything. I am a simple man. I just used another gift certificate to a specialty store to buy some running shoes. I don't really have anything else on my need or want list.

So I'll leave it to you. What should I buy? Many of you know enough about me to make good guesses. This is like every gift certificate I ever get. It will sit on my desk for more than a year and I will never use it. Make me use. Best suggestion gets a prize.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I believe you could get the first three seasons of The Wire on DVD for that price.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

They sell groceries, if you want something practical.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jesus, Ragu, five million titles in print and you can't think of ONE book?

Did you read Jones' book?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Jones' book is a good suggestion. But if you buy it, you're putting money in his pocket. So weigh that carefully.

I would say, since it's something you wouldn't use normally, that you should branch out. Buy books you've never heard of, buy movies you've never seen. Just take a chance. You might end up with something good.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Reading Jones' book right now, actually. And actually bought two other copies as gifts. Th bastards were going to get gift certificates and then i figiured I might as well help get Jones his second book deal.

That will give you some insight. I have this gift certficate... And will buy stuff like books instead. I make no sense.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

paper. 8.5x11 paper.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Reams of 8 1/2 X 11 paper so you can change your sig photo daily.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Um .... ah, nevermind.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

11. Judging by the Bonds thread -- a clue?

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Music

Draft saved Draft deleted