1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, gamers: XBox360 or PS3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Kent_Dorfman

Kent_Dorfman Member

I bought a 360 in January and it crapped out on me in July. I'd bought the Best Buy protection plan thing and though I read that I'd still have to mail it in to get my credit sent to me to go buy a new one, I just took my receipt and the protection plan brochure to Best Buy. They had a Geek Squad guy look at my 360 for all of about 10 seconds, he told me to go grab a new one and I was out of there in maybe five minutes. I'd managed to "forget" to pack my hard drive and my wireless controller, but Best Buy didn't notice/care, so for my troubles I got to keep all of my saves and pick up an extra controller for free.

That said, if the new 360 dies within a year, I'm going to probably eschew the exchange, take the credit and buy a PS3. I love the 360, just think it's incredibly ridiculous that they have a such a high failure rate. Something like 40 percent of Xbox users are on their second system or more and many have burned through four or five.

3. Turbo

Turbo Guest

The older models (20 and 60 gb) do. The newer ones (40 and 80 gb) don't.

4. Turbo

Turbo Guest

$59.99 for new games - same as the PS3. They added $10 for "next generation" games.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

The ability to play PS2 games is vital for me. I have every Karaoke Revolution on PS2 and I'm not giving those up.

So glad I'm waiting on buying a PS3. It's nice to see the price drop and drop.

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

FYI, there are new cheaper PS3's out there that don't support PS2. You can still find an older PS3 that will support the old-generation games, but it'll cost you.
    http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8463/venncopyem3.jpg
    Edit: To sum it up, you're looking for a 20 or 60 GB PS3 if you want PS2 compatibility.

7. I'm still loving my 360. I even got dog428, formerly a wanna-wii, on the 360 bandwagon.

I played Rainbow Six Vegas on a PS3 the other day and it was just as good as the 360 version. I have respect for the PS3, but this deal where the new units aren't backward-compatible? Booooooooooo.

Sony is getting KILLED on the PS3 right now. Can't sell shit.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

douche bags.

Draft saved Draft deleted