1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, gamers: XBox360 or PS3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, Dec 6, 2006.

1. The SNES really was the perfect cartridge-based system. It was excellent. N64 was just too ... ambitious?

In other words, Schiano would hate it.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Goldeneye and beer cost me $17,000 worth of scholarships my freshman year. It was an expensive lesson.

Madden 64, however, sucked dragon dick. It didn't have the NFLPA or NFL licenses, so the names were made up (or they just used numbers, I forget which), teams were simply identified by city and the color schemes for uniforms were all screwed up. Can't have a sports game without the necessary licenses, a lesson EA quickly learned.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Only played it on the Super Nintendo. Great game to play, tho. Even after you solve it, you want to go back through it.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Super Nintendo Zelda (not Chalmers) is the greatest video game of all time.

And I will not argue this.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No way. It is either Baseball Stars for the original Nintendo or Golden Eye for the N64. Nothing is better than getting drunk with your friends and slapping them to death in Golden Eye.

Also, I am behind on the times - as always with video game systems - and just purchased an XBox, 20 games, two controllers and the dance, dance revolution pads (which are also quality when drinking) for $150 plus shipping and handling.
    Did I get hosed on the price or did I hose him?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was always partial to either Super Mario World, or Tecmo Super Bowl (on NES).

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Well, when I bought my Xbox two or three years after it came out, I paid $149 at Target for the system, one controller and two games (NCAA Football 2005 and Top Spin).

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I know nothing about any of this, but thinking of buying a Wii for Boom's 14-yr-old nephew who already has an xbox 360.

Question: can you use them both on the same TV? Would it be a major production to use both? Is it just a dumb idea?

9. Having both would be a bit excessive, Boom, though the kid could at least exercise using the Wii, right?
    I'm a PS3 guy. Got the 20 gig version. I really do like it, but after playing one season of Madden, I'm kinda ehh. But the graphics are kickass. But if you don't have an HD to play it on, I wouldn't even bother. It'd be like driving a Ferrari that won't let you go over the speed limit.

Oh, and it's a tossup for me between Baseball Stars, Hardball and Super Tecmo Bowl. Baseball Stars I think was the first sports game that kept active stats, which was always cool.

10. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

You could have them both on the same TV. You would need some kind of switcher to go back and forth between them though. An A/B switch or maybe the TV or audio reciever would be able to handle both.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If it is an HDTV then you would have more than enough hookups in the back to plug in two systems and then you would just have to toggle between the TV/Video options. My HDTV has 7 different TV/Video options, so I guess I could plug in a DVD player, my cable box, my VCR, my XBox, my N64 and still have two portals left.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Wii vs. XBox/PS3 -- talent vs. experience. I would go with Wii.

Draft saved Draft deleted