1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK folks, that time of the year again...and your Xmas bonus is????

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by AreaMan, Dec 12, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I got laid off! Seriously, it's turning out to be an excellent Christmas gift so far.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I get pizza tomorrow. Probably just Pizza Hut instead of a good pie fom one of the mom-and-pop joints in town.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

We're having a company Christmas party. Here's hoping Sager competes in the ugly sweater contest.

We get our bonuses/reviews/etc. in April. Fiscal year and all that.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I had to go to an office Xmas party last Friday. GF's office people, not mine.
    It was like an endurance test - five hours.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mine has an ugly sweater contest, an open bar, an ice rink and old-school arcade games. I'll be posted up at the Centipede game, beer in one hand. Find me.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

We have our third and final Food Day (pot luck) next Tuesday. The company provides the main courses, we bring sides, desserts and drinks (non alcoholic). At this one, we will have raffled off gift cards to local businesses.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

No bonuses here.
    But it's nice to be employed.

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Our company meal is held for Thanksgiving. There used to be a get together but they'd always hold it on Friday night. And every year, I'd tell them I couldn't go. And every year, they'd ask why. "Oh, they have games on Friday nights?"

I think they stopped holding it because nobody wanted to be doing anything remotely connected with work on Friday night.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We'll find out Thursday, but rumor has it we'll all get 2% of our gross salaries in profit-sharing - although it might be 3% - on top of the "holiday checks" we got just before Thanksgiving, which probably averaged $300 to $400 for full-timers.

No, seriously.

We did not get a profit-sharing check in 2010 or 2009. Not sure about 2008 off the top of my head, but I think it was some sort of modest lump sum based on seniority.

Added: Oh, and somebody will get a $500 check as the top customer service employee of 2011. Last year, against all logic, that person was me.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

To be home with the family.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

In your line of work, sir, and to get up Christmas Day with all finger and toes, that's a damn good bonus.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The week off after Christmas, paid and not counting against vacation time.

Draft saved Draft deleted