1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, folks. Start lining up now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Birdscribe, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Overrated.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I heard the lines at Phillippe's were a mile long, literally.
    In-N-Out is awesome, but I gave up hamburgers about 4 years ago. You can probably guess why. I eat other bad-for-you stuff, but I'm sticking with my hamburger prohibition.

3. Anyone who would choose Quiznos over In-n_Out needs serious help. :)

At least pick a decent sandwich shop, a local deli or some such thing. But Quiznos? Are you serious?

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

When it comes to fast food, Quiznos is definitely better. In 'N Out is good, but it isn't as amazing as everyone made it out to be before I came out here.

5. I humbly disagree, but to each his own. :)

To this native Californian, In-N-Out is the food of the Gods.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Great pull.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hell, skip Quizno's. You want good sandwiches? Try Santoro's on Burbank Blvd. or Tony's Deli on Magnolia.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

What the eff is an In-N-Out???

9. Exactly, Buck. A good deli is gold. Had myself a tremendous pastrami and corned beef on rye today.

Quiznos is just an overpriced Subway with ovens.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well, sportshack, I do like me some Quizno's. Can't beat the $5 large sub deal they got going right now.

But nothing can top a good local deli. I've probably sampled more SoCal delis in the last 18 months than anyone should (of course, that's due to moving three times!) Found some great ones, Italian and otherwise.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

I prefer Subway's $5 deal (more choices of sandwiches and toppings), but either way, I still end up ordering two at a time so I'm not saving much money.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Why'd you wait until now to suggest these? I'll definitely give them a try.

Draft saved Draft deleted