1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, folks. Start lining up now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Birdscribe, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

The West Coast chapter of SportsJournalists.com Nation will undoubtedly rejoice in this little tidbit that graced my inbox today from a co-worker.

In-n-Out's 60th Year Anniversary is Wednesday, October 22nd. All hamburgers will be sold for 25 cents, Cheeseburgers 30 cents, Fries 15 cents, and drinks are 10 cents!!! So mark your calendars!

I warn you. Start lining up now. The lines for this will make the Star Wars movie lines look like a grocery check-out line on a Sunday morning.

Unfortunately, I will be in New Zealand when this little cholesterol orgy is happening. So I expect reports from those brave enough to dive in.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

You want a spoiler? Here's a spoiler. You will die alone...of a massive heart attack.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'd go to New Zealand if that was my only other option of food.

And BYH? I heart you even more for that!!!

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

At least that's some company.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

How well would burgers and fries keep when mailed to the East coast?

;)

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A strange power is calling Freelance Hack to book a flight to LA and he doesn't know why...

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

At last... someone who appreciates In-n-Out. And only five posts in...

Fishwrapper, MileHigh, Claws, P-Rasputin, Editude, mpcincal, rpmmutant... where the bejesus are you folks?

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Sxy stole my post, except it's one less day to deliver to my neck of the woods.

I'm pretty sure the process of cooking those burgers preseves them for up to 3,000 years.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

if there was enough money involved, I would make a east west east roundtrip for all.

10. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Dude, I'm not leaving you high and dry. You know I've got about 20 In-N-Out stores here, and I may just eat at all of them before that day's over.

11. Editude

Editude Active Member

Philippe's, an iconic L.A. restaurant just north of downtown, sold its french dip sandwiches Monday from 4-8 for 10 cents as a 100th anniversary deal, and the lines were crazy. I can imagine what In-N-Out will be like. They do so much business at the restaurant across from Hollywood High that there is a 30-minute parking limit, enforced. Get your double-double and get out.

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I thought about trying to get the rest of our gang to stop at In-N-Out after the game on Sunday, but they wanted ... salad. And vegetables. And other good-for-you selections. Can you imagine?

Of course, the place we ended up eating at also had a liquor license, which helped ease my disappointment. Next time.

Draft saved Draft deleted