1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK damn it, I'll start a firestorm of posts-Survivor comments?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 17, 2006.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Typically, the dominant physical player is axed well before tribal council unless he or she can dominate to that point. Seems like the NY fireman that won it a couple times back was that way.

It totally amazes me that in the first or second tribal council, how many times the tribe boots someone that annoys rather than helps them win challenges, then they proceed to lose two or three straight to assure them ALL of their fate.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think I could put up with just about anyone for a month if meant winning $1 million.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Agree doubly. Best example: Palau, with the tribe that got swept and ended up down to Stephenie and Bobby Jon. Their first boot was a former world-class heptathlete and long jumper (Jolanda ?), probably the most accomplished female jock the show has ever had. She tried to be a leader on the first IC, but the young, pretty and lazy (including Steph) rebelled against her, and we all know how that turned out.
    Jolanda could've been the female version of FDNY Tom - what a shootout that could've been. Tom lucked out with a much more competent tribe.

Draft saved Draft deleted