1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, Cubs fans, here you go....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fuck you all. [/bbam]

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Good documentary, but Cubs' fans woe-is-me attitude is bullshit. You had the Bulls of the 90s, the 85 Bears...Cleveland has the market cornered on torture, yet you never see a documentary about our shitty luck...1964 and counting.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

More whining from Cleveland. Enough already.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Bubs: Right on. I am duly chastised.

5. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

An argument as petty and stupid as saying "Want to find knowledgeable baseball fans? Check out the Cook County Jail. That's where you'll find the Sox fans."

Also, I'm sure my great-grandma never deserved to see a World Series champion in her 95+ years. Sorry that it disappoints us. My bad.

6. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

PS- Since White Sox fans only pay attention to the game and never get drunk, why is it they are always fighting one another in the stands?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Because they won't let us into the bleachers to beat the crap out of Cubs fans. :D

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Bring it the fuck on, tough guy. :D

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Cubbos, you can't deny that the space-cadet percentage within your basic attendance
    corps is far higher. It's understandable. I love Wrigley. It's my favorite ballpark, and
    provides a fantastic physical experience.

Your problem is, in order to impress upon Trib that the club is run by morons -- both on
    AND off the field -- you must boycott the product/withdraw financial support.

And you can't/won't do that.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Those aren't fights. Those are corrections officials hauling in people for parole violations.

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Neither a Cubs nor White Sox fan, but a baseball (especially the history of the game) fan and I liked this little documentary. Especially liked a lof of the old footage.

Plus that "fat fuck"* Jeff Garlin crying while watching opening day.

* - Curb Your Enthusiam reference just in case someone thinks I'm insulting the guy

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I didn't see the HBO program, but I did see a program last weekend about the Cubs and the team's spring training site on Catalina Island.

Draft saved Draft deleted