1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ok. Buckle your seatbelts.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Dec 12, 2015.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don't understand why you haven't contacted the police.

BurnsWhenIPee and BDC99 like this.
  2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nor do I. Understand the money issue but this seems like a criminal enterprise. Deal with that first so no one else gets duped

BurnsWhenIPee and SnarkShark like this.
  3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

And to be frank, I hope your wife understands she played a big part in this as well. If she hadn't turned into a starry-eyed 5 year old over a photo of a puppy on the Internet, it sounds like you wouldn't be out $1,500-plus.

I get falling in live with a puppy, and I've done it myself. But you've got to be an adult about it at some point, too.

JackReacher likes this.
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Don't judge.

BDC99 likes this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thats why you always hold out for a test drive.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Chef, before you fork out$5K, promise me $1K and a tank or two of gas and I will fix your scammers for you :)

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Have a message into local PD here.

More I think about it, I like the idea of calling these fucks back up, tell them I'll Western Union the 1,000 in 20 minutes.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You haven't told anyone you actually know in real life, right? I'd keep this one on the hush hush.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Rescue dog groups have been great to my wife and me.

Gutter likes this.
  10. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Me too. I've got a 15-year-old beagle mix we got from a rescue group curled up at my feet right now. And a 2-year-old boxer mix that's out on our deck barking at the wind.

I'll be a basket case when they die. And between the adoption fees, vet bill checkups, paying to get them fixed and a donation we made at the top of adoption, I don't think we paid more than $500 total.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Got my pup five years ago from a rescue. She was my training wheels for our first baby, who is just two weeks old now. If I screwed her up, there was no way I was going to take on fatherhood.

A week ago I discovered a mass in her mouth. She goes in for surgery Thursday to have it removed and biopsied.

I keep telling myself it will be just fine, because she's eating fine and her behavior hasn't changed, but if she has cancer and goes early, I'm gonna lose it. Can't lose her now. It would crush me.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

All the best to Shark and pup.

SnarkShark likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted