1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ok. Buckle your seatbelts.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Chef,

I am trying to sell a good used car, if you're interested. We are looking for a local buyer, but are willing to make an exception in your case. I'll throw in a pomeranian if that will seal the deal.

2. If you have $5k I have a dog for you.

I'm also a Nigerian Prince ... You can totally trust me. My dogs don't have parvo.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that took balls. It took balls to keep going back to you and getting you to pay $1,450 for a $300 dog that may or may not have even existed.

This was just them getting greedy.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it would be almost worth SJ.com pitching in the $1,000 just to see what the next money grab would be.

BDC99 likes this.
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Dude, call the authorities. This is criminal. Dont start paying a lawyer until you get these fucks arrested.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Elements of Wire Fraud

Wire fraud is very similar to regular fraud, except that it takes place over phone lines or involves electronic communications. The legal definition of wire fraud has four elements:

• The defendant created or participated in a scheme to defraud another out of money;
    • The defendant did so with intent to defraud;
    • It was reasonably foreseeable that the defendant would use wire communications; and
    • The defendant did in fact use interstate wire communications.
    For the purposes of wire fraud, “interstate wire communications” could mean telephone calls, electronic communication such as fax machines or the Internet, or even television.

- See more at: Wire Fraud - FindLaw

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This grifter cut his teeth selling transmissiony stuff to smallpotatoes

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I didn't know people bought mail-order dogs anymore. ... Ever, actually.

There are some nice-looking Russian brides on the market, though. Asians, too!

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

We got ours that way. He's an asshole, but he definitely exists.

10. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I remember my wife talking about her father buying a purebred hunting dog from a breeder about 4 states away and the family driving 18 hours or something each way to go pick up the dog.

What a fool my father-in-law was. He could have just wired the guy a bunch of money and saved the trip. And probably the dog.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You bought a Russian or Asian bride, and he's an asshole?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    dixiehack and BDC99 like this.
  12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hope when you do get a dog, you name it Cash just for chuckles.

Not a bad idea, though, above. Tell them you're wiring the money and have them nabbed at pickup.

Draft saved Draft deleted