1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, Boomer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Generation Jones.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

OK, Boomer.

(I keed, I keed.)

3. But we need cursive writing in schools!

Driftwood, I want to have a beer with you!

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Any time. Any time.

5. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I love Seinfeld.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

A lengthy Twitter thread, but a good one.

Slacker likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/laurenstrapagiel/gen-z-is-calling-gen-x-the-karen-generation

"Gen Z has taken to calling Gen X — once a mere bystander in the generational wars — the "Karen generation," as in Karen, the middle-aged white mom who is always asking for the manager and wondering why kids are so obsessed with their identities.

Karens are generally "privileged from the system the boomers set up for them and [are] now acting entitled and working against Gen Z," explained Julia, a 23-year-old in Norway. "They’re usually racist, homophobic, and transphobic, don’t believe in vaccines or climate change, and are mostly also the parents of Gen Z children."

The stereotype, Julia said, is that Gen X fundamentally doesn't understand the causes that Gen Z cares about. Gen X'ers also have a tendency to "stand their ground and act like everybody else is wrong and they’re always right."

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This Gen Xer to Gen Z: Meh.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah, on a closer look, this seems to be complete bullshit.

Edit: The piece, not your comment @Driftwood. I agree with you.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That girl probably doesn’t know what Generation X is and probably thinks it’s another term for “baby boomers.”

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Gen Z is pretty orthodox. We’ve collectively raised them to be moral tyrants, pumping them full of hatred for our institutions to such a degree that...you’d better believe they’ll want to change them. And once they do...

Draft saved Draft deleted