1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, Boomer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Nov 3, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

franticscribe and I Should Coco like this.
  2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Toby Wan? Toby Chew? Fucking Charlie Chan.

4. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Now you understand how annoying it is when people blame millennials for everything.

5. Severian

There are so many better DJs and EDM producers. Did you even try?

6. DanOregon

I blame boomers for having millenials.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm a boomer for better or worse. My two children are millenials by definition. Older son is in charge of digital communications for the NYC subway system. Younger daughter is a wine exporter who lives in Bordeaux. They're not even "kids today." I'm sorry, this is about as stupid as it gets. When I was a hopelessly stoned college kid around 1969, I read an article in some national magazine (remember those?) where some smartass Madison Ave. type was quoted, "not trust anyone over 30? I was taught not to trust anyone." That's always stuck with me.

8. Severian

Tell him to tell his boss to spend MTA's money on improving the tracks instead of hiring cops to go after poor people who can't afford the expensive fares.

9. DanOregon

There is a movie called The Big Fix with Richard Dreyfuss as a former hippie turned PI. Not to give much away, but the ability of boomers to suddenly be able to trust people over 30 coinciding with themselves turning 30 has never been lost on me. The Vietnam protests ending as soon as the draft ended, not when the war ended is also telling.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This Gen-Xer came on here wondering what Norman Esiason had said now.

2muchcoffeeman and X-Hack like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Man, he's with you. Nobody hates Cuomo more than MTA employees. But you know, he still needs the paycheck.

Severian likes this.
  12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I’m kidding. I like some of it

Draft saved Draft deleted