1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ok. Be Honest. Do you rock out or sing loudly when you're driving alone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

2. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Just in my car, though? Shoot, I caught myself singing while I was in Home Depot yesterday. I think I just don't care anymore.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mary HOPKIN.

Not very high on my personal hit parade, but a slightly Kinks-esque song (written and produced by Paul McCartney, in the vein of 'When I'm 64' and 'Your Mother Should Know') from 1968.

Try this version:

:eek: :eek:
    As far as singing along in the car, a decade or so ago, I busted some of the bolts in the steering column banging the drums on the steering wheel (not to 'Those Were The Days').
    That was in the days before airbags. ;)

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed that I like it. I really am. But god damn, that fucker has some catchy chorus' in his songs man.

"Cause we'll put a boot in your ass!"

"WWWWWWHHHHISSSSKKKKKEYY for my men..."

"That's my house and that's my car, that's my dog in my back yard...."

"I wanna talk about me, wanna talk about I....."

I can't help myself.

5. joe

joe Active Member

I'm nominating that "wanna check you for ticks" song as VP on the bedonkadonk ticket.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Just sing the intro, and somebody will call the cops screaming wreckless driver.
    If I really want to get my swerve on..."Caribou," the Pixies.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The first time I heard "Ticks" by Brad Paisley, I actually recoiled. It prompted my co-worker to say, "Ya know, I bet a LOT of people have gotten there, checking for ticks....." (And then the non-country person in the room left. Permanently.)

8. who doesn't do that? sometimes it can be a wonderful stress relief.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Where I'm at, there can be some excruciatingly boring drives, and that's the only thing that keeps you from falling asleep at the wheel. Well, that and the rumble strips.

10. I sing and rock out whether I'm alone or not, in a car or not.

And no, I can't carry a tune to save my life.

11. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I do, with nerdcore hip hop bumping all the way.

God, I am a geek. A sad, sad geek.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Yes I do. All the time. Very loudly. And with plenty of air drums if I'm at a stoplight. I try and remember to turn the music down when I am at a stoplight and be considerate of those around me, but sometimes I forget to do this if it's a really good song.

Draft saved Draft deleted