1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ok. Be Honest. Do you rock out or sing loudly when you're driving alone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's easy. Now go to "Squonk," "Los Endos," "Behind The Lines" or "Firth of Fifth." Let me know how easy that is ...

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I usually sing on the highways or if there aren't any cars next to me. I equate it to picking your nose while driving: You only look dumb (or gross) when someone's watching.

And anything Green Day gets me, along with whatever I'm into at the time. I've got Say Anything's new album in my car now, and I'm learning the lyrics as I go.

I can't listen to 311's "Hive" or "8:16 a.m." without singing -- passengers or no passengers -- as well as Blink 182's "Dammit (Growing Up)," Say Anything's "Alive With the Glory of Love," Mighty Mighty Bosstones' "Toxic Toast," Brand New's "Jude Law and a Semester Abroad," Deep Blue Something's "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and Alanis Morissette's "Ironic." The latter two are only when people are in the car with me.

I'm likely to be drumming much more often than singing, though, and it probably looks just as dumb. But maybe not, because I'm pretty good, and it probably shows.

* For the record, I only clean house when it's completely necessary. No mining to pass the time.

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I guarantee you Moses was a picker.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You wander around the dessert for 40 years, you're telling me you're not going to occasionally clean house?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow. I can't believe you're single.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And I can't believe you're married. :p

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

There are several nights when I drive home that I pop in my "The Wall" CD just to belt out "Comfortably Numb."

"Lovin' Every Minute of It" by Loverboy, for some reason, gets similar treatment.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Why? I sing in key.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you won't sing karaoke. :p

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I rock the fuck out.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Totally. I also like to sit quietly and do absolutely nothing at stoplights with the windows down and something like Pearl Jam's "Leash" or Rage's "Killing in the Name" at a rearview mirror shaking volume. People find that disconcerting.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

During Rage's chorus, you should slowly turn your head toward the other driver and smile. They'll think it's quite a hoot.

Draft saved Draft deleted