1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ's canceled book is now owned by the Goldmans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 3, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Well damn. That's what I get for being in love with Barry whateverhisnameis.

I need to read that book.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I have.
    Take blood pressure medicine beforehand.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Scheck was one of the DNA lawyers. And a damn good one.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Barry Scheck who uses DNA to free innocent people but made DNA unreliable to convict OJ?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That'd be him. My crush stems from the Innocence Project.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Scheck did an amazing job. As do most sentinent human beings, I believe O.J. did it. But Scheck absolutely destroyed Dennis Fung's handling of the evidence. He didn't make DNA unreliable per se; he just made Fung look like the Barney Fife of evidence collection and how that may (or may not) have tainted the evidence.

If you want an analysis of Scheck's work on the O.J. case, http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/simpson/blood_12.html

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"In all my years as a prosecutor, other than in cases where the killer has been apprehended during the perpetration of the homicide, I have never seen a more obvious case of guilt."

--Vincent Bugliosi

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm pleased the OJ lives in a sort of purgatory. He's in a purgatory of his own making. Still, I wish the Goldman's would have reached some place of grace by now and been able to move on with their lives. OJ "allegedly" took Ron's life, but now they are allowing OJ to take a big hunk of their own lives as well. They need to move on.

What's Rae Carruth up to these days?

9. IU90

IU90 Member

Bullshit, Dan, that's not something parents can EVER simply "move on" from, especially when they're regularly forced to watch footage of their child's murderer golfing it up at exclusive South Florida clubs, virtually taunting them in public appearances, on the cover of tabloids, and trying to capitalize off "if I did it" type books. If anything, I think the Goldmans and Browns have shown admirable restraint under the circumstances. Some parents would've snapped and tried to go vigilante on him by now.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I've read five of the O.J. books. The best by far is Triumph of Justice by Daniel Petrocelli, the civil lawyer. He absolutely leaves no doubt that O.J. did it. Asks questions in the civil trial the boobs on the Marcia Clark team never had a clue to ask and shoots down every possible alibi O.J. had. He got O.J. on the stand and just tore his ass up. Highly recommend reading this one. The book by the two cops wasn't bad either. Darden's was awful. At one point, he says he knew the minute the jury was selected they had lost. Then he turns around and says the reason they didn't bring up the Bronco chase is they didn't want to risk losing the jury. What? You said you already lost them at the start Einstein. Make up your freaking mind. Liked Bugliosi's book too. He claims he convicted murderers on one-tenth of the evidence they had on O.J.

Draft saved Draft deleted