1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ's canceled book is now owned by the Goldmans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 3, 2007.

1. IU90

IU90 Member

Boots, you're a moron.

2. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

how so? someone had a vial of his blood to play with?

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know what amazes me more.

-- The fact that O.J. still polarizes so deeply 13 years after the fact. I think he did it too, but I've moved on. If he wants to live his life like an arrogant, law-flaunting dick, well, it doesn't change any perception I wouldn't have had of him if he instead chose to live like a Franciscan monk.

-- The fact that Boots so easily has some SJers in the palm of his hand with his agit-posts.

4. boots

boots New Member

I'm a moron because I don't believe that he's guilty? WTF? Isn't this america where you can speak your mind? I think you're a moron.
    If I agree with you, I'm you're pal? If I disagree, I'm a moron? Well then call me a moron because I don't agree with you.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, no. You are nothing if not consistent.
    However, the evidence was not tainted; the jury was dumb.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It was more a case of a totally--and I mean totally--incompetent prosecution team.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh sure. Go for the obvious.

8. boots

boots New Member

Bullshit slap. If I agree, I'm cool. I don't agree, so I'm a moron. Don't sugarcoat the bullshit. I'm not for it today. You know that I'm speaking the truth.
    I think the evidence was tainted and that gave the jury doubt.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I would think the same of you if you agreed or not.

The evidence was probably not tainted. But the defense team raised enough doubt about its validity that the appearance was there. Kinda hard to fuck with the DNA evidence; the prosecution was too inept to convince the inept jury of its accuracy...

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not only was the prosecution inept, but the defense team was probably one of the best ever assembled.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They were good, true. But any four people off this board would have looked good too..

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'll let Bugliosi answer that one.

"Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, it was only the greater incompetence of the prosecution that saved Cochran, Shapiro, Bailey, Scheck, et al. from defeat."

"Perhaps nothing illustrates the incompetence of the main lawyers (not the DNA lawyers) for the defense more than the fact that although they went through millions of dollars of Simpson's money and had all the time in the world, unbelievably they never even bothered to interview most of the prosecution witnesses, relying, instead, on statements of the witnesses they were given by the prosecution by way of discovery. This doesn't just border on incompetence. It is incompetence, astonishing incompetence."

He goes on for 19 more pages. Fascinating stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted