1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ's canceled book is now owned by the Goldmans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 3, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And just because you don't believe he did it, Bootsie, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    But we do thank you for, once again, foisting your opinion on the rest of us and attempting to tell the rest of us that we are not entitled to our beliefs -- however deeply rooted in, oh what's the word I'm looking for.... ahh ... -- reality they may be.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What's O.J.'s situation in terms of the link to the case the Ditka is working on for former NFL players? Would he be getting some kind of financial assistance at all?

3. boots

boots New Member

These are the facts. Two people were brutallykilled. One guy was found not guilty. A jury found him "liable" for their deaths. That's it. Now, unless you know something outside of those facts that I don't know, I'm open to listening.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He gets a pension and I think draws disability from Social Security.
    Any assistance toward that end, even if he were eligible, would be subject to seizure or garnishment.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Innocent = you didn't do it.
    Not Guilty = we couldn't prove you did it.

there's a difference. And OJ was found not guilty, not innocent.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

For such a high-profile pair of murders that happened more than a decade ago, there's been an incredibly small amount of new information pointing toward anyone but O.J., whether someone specific or a vague stranger.

Like, none.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Not "liable"
    Liable.

A jury of a collective IQ of 4, and imbecile prosecution team, a judge who was too worried about being on TV instead of running the court properly.
    Hmmm the phrase if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit created out of the fact he tried to put on a leather glove over a latex glove while not taking medication to control the arthritis in his hands.
    Other than that...

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Thanks. Wonder if the Goldmans or the Brown family have seen any of that. Heck, have his own children?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Are you open to reading?

[​IMG]

10. IU90

IU90 Member

I shouldn't do this, and apologize to those who'd had enough of this discussion a decade ago, but if you can give a believable answer to this question, boots, I'll agree with you: how did fresh blood proven by overwhelming DNA evidence to be OJ's get splattered at the murder scene mixed in with the victims' blood, with a trail of his blood leading from the murder scene to the street, with more of his blood being found on a discarded bloody glove at the scene, in his car, in his home, on his bloody sock, and with conspicuous cuts on his hand the day afterward?

11. boots

boots New Member

tainted evidence

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Is that like tainted love.....oooohhhh, tainted love?

Draft saved Draft deleted