1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ Simpson: Made In America

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jun 15, 2016.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That is a serious hot take, heyabbott. Good effort on that one!

HanSenSE, amraeder, JC and 3 others like this.
  2. JackReacher

Honest question, no snark: How did you not know this? Then again, maybe I overuse social media and TV. That's entirely possible.

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Good question. I think because I heard so much about the oj trial one that it all kind of blended together.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I missed the first episode but fortunately caught the second one last night. The story of the Korean shopkeeper and the teenage girl was heart breaking.

Film makers are doing an amazing job of providing context.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Or the narrator of "Every Breath You Take."[​IMG]

6. JackReacher

Part 3 was absolutely riveting. The one SWAT guy is a riot. On the people lining the overpasses to support OJ during the chase: "What a bunch of losers." On OJ's family eating dinner during the chase: "They were....DINING!" That guy is fantastic.

Hearing the recordings between the negotiators and OJ (during the chase, and also inside the Bronco at Rockingham after the chase) was unreal. Never heard that before.

Really looking forward to Part 4 despite the crime scene photos, which apparently are shown in the first few minutes.

This is a brilliant, brilliant doc.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Saw Parts 1 and 2. Very well done.

Of course I knew that the cops and the courts seemed to be against Blacks, but I never quite understood why so many Blacks cheered the OJ verdict while Whites shook their head. This really puts that in perspective.

Also, what a clueless asshole Gates was.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wonder if any African-American who cheered the verdict will watch this and know just how little O.J. cared about being black, or cared about what they believed or care about their plight in life? His statement while being driven away from his home said it all: "What are all these n------ doing in Brentwood?"

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That was what had me shaking my head back in '94; here's a dude in Brentwood getting the hero's treatment from the black community when he was the anti-thesis of say Jim Brown, Tommy Smith, Ali; those guys must have been shaking their head.

Too bad the prosecution couldn't present evidence of how chummy OJ was with the police to counter the argument that they were framing him.

As for Ito, talk about bungling, didn't know about the 6 part interview DURING TRIAL; yes, idiocy.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

First Chiefs game I covered, the main sports anchor told me as I left with the credential, "No OJ or Nicole questions with Marcus Allen".

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Roy Firestone isn't having a good week.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Boy did he look bad in that episode with OJ; nearly heard the slurping on TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted