1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ Simpson 'Confesses' for 3.5 Million Book Deal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 19, 2006.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not that I put any credence into this story, but the Enquirer broke the Monica Lewinski story, IIRC.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Um, no. You recall incorrectly, actually.

Michael Isikoff and Matt Drudge broke the Lewinsky story. The Nat Enq may have been credited with breaking the Gennifer Flowers story, though the real credit should probably go to Richard Mellon Scaife, founder of the VRWC.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If it gets paid to his kids... all of it.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The days of minimizing how much the Enquirer NAILS should be way in the rearview mirror.

Bunch of dufuses around here.

5. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

My guess is that the publication company is somewhere overseas and the Juice will have the advance directly forwarded to an offshore bank or Swiss account. His kids are probably out of college now and he can move somewhere to Europe where he is less well known

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight: OJ knows who the killer is but instead of just pointing a finger and saying "That guy over there did it," he spends a year in jail and millions defending himself? Riiiigggghhhhtt. Anybody who thinks he didn't do it is an idiot.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Bundy did this in prison. "I'm not saying I'm the killer, but if it were me ... "

They still sent 20,000 volts up his ass.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. Way to be a dick about it. Hope you feel better about yourself. ::)

10. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Especially on celeb crime stories. They practically own the genre!

11. lono

lono Active Member

Didn't you know??

Of course, Fredo and Condi are an item.

In fact, Fredo has boasted about it many times here. Fredo's SportsJournalists.com name is "Boots" and Condi is the backdoor downstairs neighbor.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sorry Pern. Was in a bit of a grumpy mood yesterday.

Draft saved Draft deleted