1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ Guilty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 4, 2008.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That wasn't Fred Goldman. That was Fred's "representative" that was quoted.

Someone from my shop talked to Fred, who moved here several years ago. Fred's very, very happy about this. And it's pretty lame for AP to use the "representative," because Fred isn't hard to reach.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Fred was quoted in the story from his appearance on CNN. Called OJ a scumbag.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

1) A "jury of your peers" is a concept that goes back centuries in English law. If you're noble, you get tried in the House of Lords. If you're a "free man", then all 12 of your jurors must be free men. OJ was tried by a jury of his peers in all three trials.

2) What I find really fascinating: Oj is rightly going to die in prison. OJ should be raped by STD-ridden inmates. OJ should be shot in the scrotum and dumped in the North Atlantic.

Fred Goldman, on the other hand, should STFU and dematerialize. Permanently.

Bipolar much, everybody?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OJ is a scumbag. Point being?

And now that Fred's got his wish, Tart's right... STFU

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Terrible.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know there was a time lag, but I've been a bit surprised I didn't see more OJ coverage this morning, sure you had the market meltdown, and Tina Fey, but I guess the OJ thing is just plain played out. Either that or his victim this time just wasn't hot enough.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

less blood, maybe?
    I think the market meltdown has more to do with it..

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

well until the sentencing in (i think) december, what more would you want that hasn't been covered since the verdict?

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You are only entitled to a jury of your peers based upon where the crime occurred. OJ got off the 1st time because Garcetti, wrongly decided to avoid a riot and charge OJ downtown instead of Brentwood (where OJ chose to live).

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

What do you mean "the real bible?"

11. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

That's what Jews call the old testament. As they believe Jesus was just a prophet and not what he is to Christians, they don't believe in the new testament the way Christians do.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

OK. I thought he meant something else.

Draft saved Draft deleted