1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ Guilty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 4, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

MSNBC isn't provided here by Comcast, so I don't know if anywhere but the West Coast had it live.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

MSNBC broke in here in Michigan.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Would you be?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

OJ Simpson and Lawrence Phillips sent to jail on the same day? Amazing!

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Juice picked the wrong town for a black guy with carloads of past baggage to place himself in that position of potential jeopardy.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

AB:

Check this out:

http://www.themorgan.org/exhibitions/exhibition.asp?1d=4

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Uh, I didn't write that. Point of Order asked this question.

IJAG, we had two threads running when the verdict was read. Thankfully, there is only one.

But knowing Orenthal James Simpson, this thread could get locked and another one opens up. Let's bank on that not happening!

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Would you be happy if someone murdered your son, for no reason, and walked, to the celebration of millions of people?

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Three people and God know exactly what happened. The man was acquitted of the crime yet people have a difficult time of letting go. Now, he's been convicted by a jury that definitely wasn't of his peers.
    No one was killed in this latest case and it doesn't appear to be worthy of life imprisonment. The man is 61 years old and in failing health. He'll more than likely die in prison because of the established guidelines.
    At some point, in my opinion, the Goldmans wanted revenge and got greedy. The two don't exactly go together like peanut butter and jelly.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

At 35 MPH, I hope.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He was found "not guilty" by a jury.

He was not acquitted.

12. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

He was also found liable by a civil jury and did everything he could to hide his assets to avoid paying the plaintiff. That's criminal in and of itself. And if you think he didn't do ithe murders, seriously, you should read some of the books. Yes, he got lucky on the roulette wheel the first time around and this time, karma came back to bite him in the ass. I have no problem with him staying in prison the rest of his life for this charge. He got 13 years of freedom he didn't deserve while the victims' families had to watch that. And I'm sure his kids will be happy to be someplace he can't hurt him.

Draft saved Draft deleted