1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ gets beat down in prison

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Feb 15, 2011.

1. OK. So, if you're about karmic justice and cheering people you hate getting beatdowns, will you applaud some other murderer then beating up the skinheads for all their racial assaults?

Then cheer the person who beats up the person who beats them up?
    Then the person who ...

Where does it end?
    Dick is right. We're supposed to be a civilized society.

That includes outrage and protest and questions of the system when murderers go free. But I don't see how it includes applauding racist assaults just because they happen to target the person you would like to see get beat up.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don't know about that, I wonder if in those moments he was getting shit kicked he thought this is how all those woman must have felt that I beat the shit out of.

You're are 100% correct that this shouldn't be allowed to happen, but again, I feel 0 sympathy for Orenthal.

3. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Ok, I laughed at that one.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So just asking: A sourceless Enquirer story is now, um, news?

5. Fair point.

A former business partner of Simpson's is quoted, though. Granted, between him and the Enquirer, you do have to consider the two sources.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The business partner's quote is meaningless, how does he know?

Look, the story might be essentially accurate, I have no idea. Just seems amazing to me that suddenly this is considered a 'get' and no one questions what they actually got.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

don't care what the motivation was for the beating, just glad that it happened to this piece of shit.

8. Right. So if the story is accurate -- and as 21 points out that is a big if -- you are glad that a racist act happened which had more to do with Simpson being black than a murderer.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying you're glad it happened because he's black. But I just don't understand applauding one type of hateful person for beating up another.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I feel bad for laughing at this.

But I'll get over it.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Mr. Whitman is totally right. Crowded powderkegs packed with the results of our misguided drug war and three-strikes laws, which force truly bad folks to be kicked out early. And if you want somebody beaten up over the OJ verdict, send a skinhead after Barry Scheck, Marsha Clark or Lance Ito. Better yet, the Dancing Itos

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why is it Barry Scheck's faultr that he did a job for a defendant?
    Try Marcia Clark, Chris Darden, Mark Fuhrman and the incompetence of the LAPD

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My first target would be the Dancing Itos, for the record

Draft saved Draft deleted