1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ figures out another way to beat a rap...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 18, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/18/oj.simpson/index.html

One accuser has a heart attack, critical condition.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If the heart won't tick, you must acquit.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

If he's in the crypt, you must acquit...

(Sorry for riding your coattails, Oggiedoggie...)

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

We need to use the Law & Order Jack McCoy methodology here. The heck with beating the charge, add to the charges.

The incident of the kidnap/robbery sent the accuser on a stressful few days that led to the heart attack. If the accuser dies as a result of the heart attack triggered by the stress following the robbery attempt, you need to add a murder/manslaughter charge to the list.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I like the way you think, Joe.

Too bad Orbach's gone. He'd be perfect for some updated O.J. wisecracks.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

A reporter on the campaign trail could ask DA Branch what he thinks about the case. You know it'll be something folksy.

The Law and Order remark and the whole OJ thing reminds me of the classic episode when a cop got killed by two guys robbing a liquor store. One of the crooks then shot the other one. McCoy - toeing an ethical line as always - eventually got the guy convicted of killing his partner after letting him off on a lesser charge for the cop killing. Orbach quipped that he wanted to go to law school to learn such shenanigans.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

According to the latest AP story, OJ ripped a cell phone out of the victim (Fromong)'s hand, while one of the other suspects brandished a gun.

If Fromong kicks from the heart attack, OJ would at the very least be looking real good for manslaughter, depending if the prosecution could get some medical experts to say the heart attack was a direct result of the physical attack, we're back to Mur-Der.

Incidentally, Nevada does have the death penalty. ;D

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

This could be mah-velous. I don't know about you, but if I had an irate O.J. getting in my grill and ripping a cell phone out of my hand, I might have a heart attack too. I sure as hell would be checking his other hand.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You know you can't outrun him. Particularly in an airport.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It still needs to be released that O.J.'s first remark to police was "I thought what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas."

11. Jim Moret back from the dead on Countdown last night.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Uh, done to death already.

Draft saved Draft deleted