1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oil hits low for the year

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tommyp, Nov 16, 2006.

1. tommyp

tommyp Member

Meanwhile, gas prices in my area have risen 20 cents in the last week. What the fuck is going on here?

http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/16/markets/oil/index.htm?cnn=yes

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It takes awhile for the oil to be processed into gasoline. I expect to see them drop in the next couple of weeks.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I hope you're right.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Gas dropped anwhere from .02 to .10 at stations I've seen on my drive to the office this week.

I was, frankly, stunned.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Gas hovering around $2.30 late last week here. Today the station across the street from my apartment is down to $2.23. It's steadily falling, but there'll be another sharp rise between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Prices at my favorite station in Microville are up .10 this week and .06 in the past three days, and already higher than the so-called national average.

7. tommyp

tommyp Member

Exactly my point...in some places it's down, some places it's up? WTF is going on?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Gas has gone up here by about 20 cents since the democrats won... :)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why do you hate big oilAmerica?

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey, it went up to 2.35 in Michigan. It'll probably go down about 20 cents in the next week, with the bulk of that drop coming after Turkey Day.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hell, I thought it would be $5 a gallon the week after the election, based on what I read here.

Silly me.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Yeah, it definitely went up where I live. Happened right after the elections, too. Shocker.

Draft saved Draft deleted