1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

oil heat

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by thereligiouswrong, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

All-electric here. Electric heat is expensive as hell, though. Twice what my bill is in the summer, and this is Texas, mind you.

Back to the gange-jack ...

2. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

The best and most efficient way to keep warm remains pulling a Luke Skywalker from The Empire Stikes Back and slicing open a large animal and using its steaming innards as an insulator.

The Humane Society here in my county no longer does business with me.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

How many tanks will you go through in a normal winter? $877.25 a tank is a shitload of cash if it only lasts 1-2 months.

4. Not sure of the exact amount last year, but it was about 1,000 gallons. You can do the math. Ouch.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but using oil heat is so clean. i can see why you'd pay through the nose for it.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Google "high-efficiency flame-retention oil-burners" if you're looking to replace your current furnace. You might save some money. Or you might think about converting to natural gas. Throw a couple thousand at upgraded insulation and you might be able to save that way, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted