1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio University football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Nov 28, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Oh, and I was so proud of my Bobcats, I rocked both my Ohio jacket and a sweatshirt yesterday. Woo hoo!

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

OU fans - Enjoy it! It's a long time coming. Believe me, I can relate - I'm an Eastern Michigan grad (0-12, anyone?), though my final game as a student reporter was a memorable one - a win in the California Bowl (the only bowl win in school history).

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Hear, hear!

I started at Central in the depths of the Mike DeBord era, and it wasn't pretty. We lost the Western game at home for the first time in 30 years my freshman year and I sat there thinking, "What did I get myself into?"

Then BK happened.

My last game as a CMU student was the 2006 MAC Championship Game. Came full circle.

(I just hope that the silly season doesn't swallow up Butch Jones.)

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OUR?

5. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Showing my age, I was there 66 through 69. Bill Hess was the coach, Cleve Bryant was the QB and OU went to the Tangerine Bowl in, I think, 1969. That's when the marching band was going through its transition from basic band to the great band it is today.

6. Legacy

Legacy Member

Not an alum, but with you in spirit BB. Am a fervent supporter of your coach, Fightin' Frankie Solich, and one of many here in Huskerland who thought he got a raw deal. Here's to a MAC championship win over the overrated Chippie-Wahs!

7. KP

KP Active Member

The last home game I was at as a student was the last coached by St. Grobe.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Enjoy your 14 point loss. LeFevour will be playing his fifth or sixth game at Ford Field. He's got it down pat. Fire up Chips!

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I was there for the DeBord era and never went to a game. Finally decided to go and see them play when they hosted B.C. a few years ago. LeFevour came in as a true freshman and almost defeated the Eagles. Damn swinging gate play.

10. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

For what it's worth, I saw a bowl projection site that has OU playing in the GMAC Bowl against Notre Dame. Hell of a lot more interesting than what ESPN.com's two guys are predicting (Motor City Little Caesars Bowl vs. Middle Tennessee St)

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I was at that game in the student section - and after the infamous swinging gate play, as everyone was walking to their cars, I realized that the south scoreboard was smoking and on fire. I think it sums up what it's like to watch a Brian Kelly-coached team. Even the scoreboard was confused.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Game was last night.

Where'd everybody go?

Draft saved Draft deleted