1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio University football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Nov 28, 2009.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Since I know there are other Bobcats out there, let's celebrate the MAC East title and get geared up for the MAC chamionship game on Fri vs CMU.

We haven't had much to celebrate the past, oh, 40 years, so let's enjoy it.

Just for fun, about how many games did OU win in your years there? I was 88-91, and Im gonna say we won about 11 games in 4 years.

2. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

They were in the MACC in 2006 weren't they?

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

And Our Chippewas whomped them then, too.

4. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Yea, BG beat them that year, too.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ohio ... Nice team. I was surprised they beat Temple, the way Temple had been playing (even without their RB).

LeFevour finishes off a nice career in the MAC Championship and the Chippewas run away with it by 20. All-Star games make or break LeFevour and he goes anywhere from bottom of first round to top of fourth round in the draft.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I covered the team in '03. They went something like 2-10, and one of those wins was a close game at home vs. a I-AA school.

That was followed by a 20-loss basketball season and a 29-loss baseball season. (Damn baseball team won 3 of 4 on final homestand to deny me a 10-20-30 year... I mean, if you're gonna suck, go for the gusto, right?)

Not a good campaign for Ohio athletics during my senior year, but at least they've got things turned around now for the most part. Don't like their odds against Central, but I never would've thought they'd be here in the first place, so who knows.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I thought Ohio was in the OVC.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ouch. :D

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

;D

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I didn't think they were still Division I. Do they meet the attendance requirement?

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Did you just badmouth the OVC? It's on.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There's a whole buncha people who are Dead. To. Me!!!!!! on this thread.

And Bubs, the NCAA dropped the attendance requirement, allowing most of the MAC to remain FBS and Idaho to start playing home games at home instead of at Wazzu again.

Draft saved Draft deleted