1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio U. prof's death investigated as a homicide

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 26, 2007.

1. I know there are a few Ohio U. grads on here...
    Might find this of interest.

The Athens City Police Department is investigating a death of a semi-retired Ohio University professor that occurred Monday night.
    Athens police say the body of 66-year old Phillip Bebb was found at his residence at 18 Mulligan Road.
    According to a press release, the Athens City Police Department received a call at 8:04 Monday evening from Susan West, who says she found her husband, possibly dead, when she returned home. West says there was a knife on the floor near Bebb.
    Ohio University's History Department cancelled classes Tuesday out of respect for Bebb. Ohio University President Roderick McDavis has offered his condolences to Bebb's family, friends, colleagues and students.
    Additional information is expected from the Athens County Coroner's Office.

2. Lennie Briscoe would be grilling the wife already.

3. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's awful.

5. "And a twist that will blow...you...away!"
    Dick Wolf's already halfway through the script for this one, I'll bet.
    And this sentence...

"Linder said a student facing a felony charge could face action from University Judiciaries."

..strikes me as the living definition of the concept of "least of his problems."

Draft saved Draft deleted