1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio State Football This Year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by workerB12, Oct 20, 2012.

1. workerB12

workerB12 Member

Their win today got me thinking. If Ohio State runs the table and goes 12-0 they won't play in the Big Ten Championship or a bowl game. What if they are the only undefeated team in the country at the end of the year? Should/would pollsters award them the National Championship?

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I believe the same scenario happened with Auburn in 1993, and no, the pollsters did not vote for them.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

MankyBuckeye!!!

4. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

No doubt in my mind, there's no bigger tOSU fanboi looser on this board, than I. Heck...probably the ONLY one. So, let me end this discussion right here and now.

No. Hell no.

As I said on the CFB thread, Meyer has done a great job with an extremely young, very beat up team. Having said that, they don't belong in ANY discussion re: a national championship. Get back to me in a year, or two, when they've filled the roster with players that fit his system.

5. I respectfully disagree with Layman.

I'm every bit the Ohio State fanboi he is. And then some.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Having a Carvel-soft schedule ends this dream before it began.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Does the contract Urban Meyer's daughter made him sign allow for him to receive votes for the National Championship?

8. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Well, they TRIED to schedule Vandy for next year ;-)

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Without the opportunity to lose to an SEC team in the final game of the season, the Buckeyes have no chance at a national title.

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

with remaining games at Penn State, at Wisconsin and against Michigan I'll just go out on a limb and say they aren't running the table to begin with.

That being said, I must strongly object to the name of this thread. The school is called "THE Ohio State." When you forget the "the" we just descend into anarchy.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The "the" is bullshit, and it always has been.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe someone can get a free "THE" tattoo.

Draft saved Draft deleted