1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio St. (and Rep Jim Jordan) has a molester Dr. problem

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yep. Read somewhere 1500 wrestlers may be involved. Huge number. And the doctor involved in the abuse is dead, so this isn’t about putting him in jail.

It’s about OSU.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Such courage.

lakefront likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Which is why nothing, nothing at all will come from this. The most beloved state institution is rotten to the core. Denial is the only response.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The head coach, Russ Hellickson, said he talked about the matter with the doctor, but as best I can tell, he didn't have the authority to fire or discipline him. I wonder if he reported anything to the administration.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ve been a reporter in his district in the past. Jim Jordan could win that district no matter the allegation against him.

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Absolutely. One of the most gerrymandered ones there is.

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I am sure he could win the election but if he is proven to be a liar and in fact did nothing about sexual assault will he have to resign?

9. tapintoamerica

No. One thing about being a republican is that you never have to apologize because your dear leader doesn't.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

John Boehner couldn’t squash him. And, Lord, he tried.

11. tapintoamerica

Conservative hero Roy Moore damned near won the Senate. I'm pretty confident Jordan will win even if the allegations get worse. He's a Freedom Caucasian, which means he's even more American, even more Christian, even more wonderful than your average republican.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

People in his district should be ashamed of supporting such a horrible person. I’ll never support a Rep who ignores/ignored abuse.

Draft saved Draft deleted