1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio HS FB coaches suggest honoring Tressel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SportsGuyBCK, Jul 13, 2011.

1. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

FYI -- they're kidding, right?

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Ohio High School Football Coaches Association has suggested that members honor former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel this fall.

Association Secretary Dick Kerschbaum says the group has proposed that high school football coaches in the state wear a white shirts and ties to their first games of the season. The recognition is designed to thank Tressel for his years of service to high school football.

The decision to participate in the recommendation will be left up to each coach.

Tressel was inducted into the association's hall of fame last Friday.

Tressel's 10-year tenure at Ohio State ended May 30 when he resigned amid revelations that he knew players were trading memorabilia for cash and tattoos in violation of NCAA rules and covered it up for nine months.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fail.

Sweater vests or GTFO.

3. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Also, all players encouraged to have at least one permanent or temporary tattoo for the first game.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think if I were the NCAA, I would send a letter to the OHSFCA that if this proposal passes, no active OHSFCA members will be permitted to set foot on the grounds of football-playing NCAA member institution, and no members will be allowed to be hired by any NCAA institution in any capacity, for a time period of one year, commencing on Sept. 1, 2011.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The following week, the OHSFCA will observe "Woody Hayes Memorial Punch a Kid in the Throat Week."

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The third week of November is marked by "John Cooper Stare At The Field, Make A Face Like Someone's Holding A Small Turd Under Your Nose And Wonder How The Season Imploded In 60 Minutes Week"

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The first week in October will be "Earle Bruce Lose Your Top Talent Week" where the top 100 football recruits in the state go visit Notre Dame, Michigan, Sparty and Penn State.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Week 3 begins with a penalty flag for the last play of the season opener.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

And yet again the World shakes their head in disbelief while US canonizes known perjurer and liar.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dismayed at the current direction of secondary education in Ohio.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Overreact much?

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Horseshit, he's overreacting. Were I a high school principal and found out my football coach was in on this or approved somehow, he'd either be disassociating himself with it or find another job. Tressel proved to be a lying, hypocritical crook, like too many other coaches before. All he deserves is a life in shame.

Draft saved Draft deleted