1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio Bobcats roll call

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Mar 12, 2010.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I actually live in the SF Bay area, so it would be awesome if OU got shipped out to San Jose ... except for the fact that I will be in Orlando for spring training!

Then I'm thinking they could send them to Jacksonville, and I'd possibly be able to sneak up to the game, but I'd have to compromise myself professionally. (I'm supposed to be writing some sort of Astros feature from Kissimmee that day.)

Perfect world: Send the Cats to Jacksonville, but give them the latest game possible.

I won't complain wherever they are.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

The Grunk 3-pointer was my indoctrination to OU basketball, as it happened my freshman year. A work assignment kept me in Columbus during the '05 title game, which was taking place just 20 minutes from my house. Never thought I'd be able to make up for missing out on that, but sitting a few rows above the OU tunnel tonight was a hell of a lot of fun.

Never saw this run coming. What a fun night.

3. KP

KP Active Member

Much like Larry Hunter the Grunk 3 was my last game.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Good job by the Bobcats.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dave Jamerson weeps.

6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Great run by Coach Groce and the Bobcats. It's now quite clear what a Big Ten caliber player in the MAC can do at this point of the conference being watered down. Bassett eclipsed Earl Boykins' MAC tournament scoring record easily. If Gary Trent played in the MAC right now, he'd score 40 points per game. No joking.

Was at the tournament in 2005 and went down to Nashville for the Florida NCAA game. Was working tonight, so couldn't make it to Cleveland, but I'll follow the Bobcats wherever they go from here on out.

I'm hoping for New Orleans. Being put in Buffalo would bring more fans, though.

And I too admit to being an OU fanboi. I could never cover the Bobcats. It's the only team I've said I can't cover. Too much invested in them.

7. KP

KP Active Member

Remember that Boykins only played three games during that run. Bassett got four.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Boykins scored 89 total points in 1998.

Bassett's four tournament games: 25, 38, 28, 25.

In other words, he had the record broken after OU's first three games, and even if you discount the campus site first round game and only count the final three rounds against better competition (which Boykins faced), he would still have broken the record.

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The feel-good story about to grind to a halt. Ohio doesn't match up with Georgetown...at all.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

There's already one Bobcat in Rhode Island: Tim O'Shea, who just finished a one-win season at Bryant in its first season in the NEC. If he can survive the transition phase...

11. tmr

tmr Member

Ha, I forgot TOS is there. I'll never forget his press conference, where Tom Boeh basically said, "We know he'll get a better job in a couple years." Not quite.

12. KP

KP Active Member

They signed him for eight, he's got time. Still clearing out the DII players.

Remember he brought in four of the guys that will get good minutes Thursday. I could never understand the hatred he got from the people in Athens.

Draft saved Draft deleted