1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio Bobcats roll call

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Mar 12, 2010.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

No. 9 seeded Cats have advanced to the MAC championship game vs Akron. Saturday. 6 pm ET. ESPN2.

Just starting a thread for all the OU alumni here to pool their good vibes.

I admit I only pay a passing interest to OU sports until they get in position to do something big, or when they are playing a big nonconference game, etc. But I'm fired up now.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What happened to Kent? Are they in as an auto? (I am feeling a strong deja vu sense right now.)

3. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

That Armon Bassett is pretty good. First team all Big Ten if he would have stayed....

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice job by the Emoose to let Akron get into the finals... A technical foul on the coach in OT?

5. KP

KP Active Member

Akron played Western.

Best thing about tonight's win for the Bobcats. Jason Grunkemeyer sitting on the Miami bench watching it. TRAITOR! /still bitter about the 2001 semifinals

6. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

[obnoxiousfanboi]

DANCIN!!!!!!

[/obnoxiousfanboi]

7. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Congrats from a Falcon. Impressive run.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Now they can get their rightful spot in the dance with a No. 15 seed.

9. tmr

tmr Member

If Grunk would've stayed, OU would've played in a tourney or two in my day. Those teams were always missing a shooter. D.J. Cooper is really dynamic. Hope he sticks around, unlike the last Chicago point guard who took OU to a tourney, Jeremy Fears.

10. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I think OU will get a 14 or maybe even a 13. They did win 20 games and conf tourney of a mid major conference, beating two well regarded teams (Kent and Akron). I think the 15s and 16s are reserved for the little conferences.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

OU is Haute-isized with Armon Bassett ... now playing for his 90th Division I team.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Dear NCAA,

Please send the Bobcats to Providence.

Love,
    Ohio fanboi in SE Mass with tickets to the Dunk

Draft saved Draft deleted