1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, @$#!, Valentine's Day is right around the corner

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Screw restaurants on that day. Do the cooking yourself and show what's up.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm taking the lady to either Wendy's or Benihana. Her choice.

3. highlander

highlander Member

In lieu of cards and candy, I just get three tables dances, she's happy and I'm happy.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Better yet, have her do it. When she complains, tell her, "OK, now slip off your shoes so we can get to the other half of barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen."

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

6. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Wait, aren't we talking about the day that pitchers and catchers report?

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So, figured I'd update with the plans, because SJ-nation has been waiting on pins and needles:

We're going to head out to an up-scale outdoor mall place that's having a special day -- ice carving competitions/races, free movies, free samples of chocolate, then heading home for dinner.
    Been busting my tail last night and today to get as much prepped before hand as possible, so we'll just have to slide things in the oven when we get back home.
    The menu:
    Toasted french bread topped with a cream cheese/salsa spread and some fresh basil as an appetizer
    A salad, mashed potatoes and stuffed pork tenderloin for dinner (a raspberry marinade, stuffed with cheese, roasted almond pieces and slivers of pineapple).
    Mint Oreos (one of her faves) dipped in chocolate for desert.

I feel like it's a solid plan, as long as I don't screw up the cooking :)

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Dude, can I come over for dinner? I'll even pleasure your girlfriend if you don't want to. That meal sounds delicious.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

It should be great if I don't screw it up -- worried about cooking the pork too long.

I think I can handle the duties with my gf myself, though. I appreciate the thought.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Those were exactly my thoughts.

Then again, I have no room to talk. My valentine doesn't need flowers or a fancy meal ... just an air pump and some TreyLC.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, just get a fancy carrying case for your fleshlight; that should suffice.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Valentine's Day... should be great opportunity.

Three consecutive years in college, I would dump my girlfriend on February 11 or 12, just so that a) I wouldn't have to buy her anything and b) I'd get to go out to the bars on February 14.

Going out to a bar on Valentine's Day is the easiest day of the year. You'll pick up more rebounds than Michael Cage.

No stupid lines or stories needed.

Two of those three years, I got back together with the dumped girlfriend on the 17th or 18th. But, ah, those Valentine's nights were magical.

Draft saved Draft deleted