1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, Tucker...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, May 24, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Logical Fallacy: False Dichotomy.

It is not, in and of itself, hypocritical for a rich person running for office to talk about issues that affect the poor and middle class.

Everyone running for office is rich, to one extent or another. To label any of them speaking about poverty as hypocrisy is nothing more than an attempt to disenfranchise half of the electorate -- with the ancillary benefit of getting to take a shot at John Edwards while you do it.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

LJB, I know who Norquist is; I've seen him on TV, read a feature about him in one of the magazines several years ago and am familiar with his evil handiwork. I know he's a power behind the powers-that-be who regards government as a symbol of evil.

3. I love the R trope about how rich people can't advocate for poor people, and the proud intellectual gleam they give it, like it hadn't ever been used on FDR, JFK, or RFK, and the notion that, if an authentically poor leader of the poor started to talk about poverty, any of those hyenas would give him the time of day.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The best friend a poor person ever had was an old, rich person with a guilty conscience and estate tax issues.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I might have this tattooed somewhere, because I'm sure it will need to be posted again.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

cran --

I had forgotten that. Hilarious stuff.

8. I think "chundernozzle" is a keeper.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

dammit

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Well, I am glad to hear you think so highly of a man who is regarded as role model to the lefty netroots.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Explain?

This is the zit on the ass of the body politic who famously said he'd like government to be shrunken so small that he could drown it in a bathtub. I don't see any lefties going along with that prevailing philosophy.

Draft saved Draft deleted